Monday, August 17, 2009

Trying to Straddle the Crossroads of Life

My title should say it all. I am at a point in my life again when I feel torn, confused and insecure. I want so badly to go one way, but the foot that is pointed in the other direction is the one that is actually moving me, dragging my body along unwillingly because my heart and my other foot want to stay rooted. I have to say that I do this do myself, but I am not sure why.

What is it that makes me act this way?

Probably the emptiness I feel. Sometimes it is so hard just to feel that life is meaningful. You go through the same routines every day hoping that something wonderful will happen, most of the time being disappointed. I wonder at times if there is something missing in what I'm doing with my life. Is everyone in my situation just as apprehensive as I?

I had a great Sunday school lesson this past week. It focused on the passing of the mantle of President of the church from Joseph Smith to Brigham Young. We talked about listening to the spirit and knowing the will of the Lord. Someone made the comment on how often what the natural man wants is very different from what the Lord wants. I couldn't help but think that that comment was made for me.

I am a weak person. I know this. I want to be strong, but I fall short because I get scared and doubt the Lord's plan for me. I truly know deep in my heart that he has something wonderful for me, but I can't see it right away and it worries me.

It's time to bolster up my strength and move forward with my life in the best way I know how, one scary step at a time.

2 comments:

  1. My heart goes out to you. Keep on truckin'. If you need anything, call me, okay?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You spoke right to me. . . I think that we are all hitting the Crossroads of Life.

    ReplyDelete