Thursday, March 5, 2009

The Stupidity of Viruses and Projects

So this week has been kind of a doosie on the homefront. On Monday night/Tuesday morning (It's when I do my HW, okay?) I clicked on a stupid spyware thing posing as an anitvirus program. Stupid. It is at my daddy's work, where he is trying to find an alternate solution for cleaning it, rather than having to do a complete memory sweep. It might not be possible. Doubly Stupid. I suppose we all have to get hoodwinked by someone sometime, but this week couldn't have been worse to have that happen to me. I had a big project due on Tuesday morning (thus explaining my post-midnight scramble), which I did finish by the way, then yesterday I needed to have read an article and be ready to present what I learned, I had to have a rough draft of a personal ad (125 words, who has a 125 word personal ad?!?) for my German class, and a fatty Syntax assignment that took three and a half hours and four pages to complete. Then! I had to have a reading assignment done by today (which I didn't do because I was sick of HW last night I didn't care), but now I have to do a whole bunch o' stuff for tonight. First, my personal ad needs to be polished, and I don't really want to do that, but oh well. It'll be turned tomorrow at 9:00 am. Then, I have to write a summary/criticism of the article I read yesterday. It probably won't take very long, I might do it tomorrow, but the thing that I most have to do is a 'breakfast paper' (two page paper making a comparison between two breakfast foods through the scientific method, basically) which supposedly is going to help us write our senior theses for my capstone class for Linguistics. Mind you, the words 'senior theses' is being used in a broad sense here, it's just a moderately big paper (something like 3500 words) that needs original research. This is where I start thinking, "Crud." I don't even know what I'm going to do it on! The words 'original research' somewhat bring a chill to my bones.

No comments:

Post a Comment