Thursday, September 17, 2009

Myopia















Love isn't blind, it's myopic.
You might think you see everything,
All in sight.
But take another look and you might realize
You're shortsighted.

Up close you're fine.
Everything is clear, right (in your face).
Try and look farther.
Not so clear, is it? That's what I thought.
You're shortsighted.

Your eyes are too long.
The refracted light stops just short of your retina.
You have to squint.
Even then, everything far away is too blurry.
You're shortsighted.

You look through new lenses.
They allow you, for once, to look at what's ahead.
To actually see clearly.
But at the end of the day, the lenses are removed.
You're still shortsighted.
                                                   
                                                   -Sarah E. Lutz

1 comment:

  1. Not the first person you want to see post a comment buuuut: I really liked the phrasing you used. The imagery is like viewing love from a scientific standpoint...in a poem. So cool! Sorry my comment's not as eloquent as I would've liked it to be.

    ReplyDelete