Thursday, April 11, 2013
Black + White
I find that life is never absolute.
The shades of life are too many and too great.
There’s simply color after color bleeding into another.
With people calling out for the glory days, the olden days.
Where life was simple and clear cut.
The silver screen and golden age, classic films were classic times
Looking at the crackly screens of bygones,
It brings to mind–who decided to call them black and white?
I see nothing but grays – muddy, murky.
There’s simply color after color bleeding into another.
*This is a poem that I wrote in a 10 minute free write at my friend Josh's poetry night yesterday. It's not perfect, but I still like it. Our poetry group started a blog where we post our original poetry. Go here if you want to check it out: http://putpoetryhere.blogspot.com
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

:D
ReplyDelete