Saturday, March 6, 2010

Restless

I'm feeling really restless lately. I have been content for so long, but now I feel like I don't know what I should be doing, or where I should be.

I know that I'm in the biggest limbo right now, waiting to find out whether or not I've gotten into grad school, and graduated, and all that implies. Thanks to a wonderful friend, I do have a job right now, but it's only two nights a week. So, I'm only working for 6 hours a week usually.

I want to do new things, and meet new people, and get out of this bubble/ivory tower/shell I've been in/built up/crawled into. I don't know if a change in location would fix it, or if I need to change my attitude.

I've been at my Grandma's for almost a week now, and I've liked the changes of increased freedom by way of having a car, and having cell phone service, but I still keep to myself. I've been in the house by myself most of the evenings, puttering around. I talked to my mom, and she was surprised, saying, "I thought you'd be making plans every night and hanging out with friends all of the time!"

This would be the case, except for that means I have to plan everything still. There's not a whole lot of spontaneity going on. I miss being able to walk to a friend's apartment, and say, "Hey, I'm doing nothing, you're doing nothing, let's go do something/go somewhere" or something along that line.

In short, I'm restless. And I don't know how to get out of this itchy/wanderlust/nagging feeling I'm experiencing.

I need some change.

1 comment:

  1. be careful . . . when you pray for change, it usually comes :) (in surprising, life changing, never dreamed of ways)

    ReplyDelete