Friday, February 26, 2010

Secret Admirer

So at work last night, I was told that someone asked if I was married or single. I don't wear a ring, but guess that doesn't mean much these days. The site coordinator told me with a gleam in her eye, really excited about the information she was giving me, but then told me that the person wished to remain anonymous. As in, (as told to me by the coordinator) "No, please, please, please, don't tell her who was asking!!!!"

Hmmm, I'm not quite sure how I'm feeling about this. Especially because my coordinator was like, "Hey, do you want me to tell him to ask you out?" I answered with a vague, "Well, I don't know who it is, so I couldn't tell you either way..." There are not very many males at my work, so the possibility of me knowing who it is, is pretty much certain.


The saddest part is it can't be the person I'd love for it to be. There's a really cute and nice boy that's my age who's a co-worker of mine, and I kind of have a secret crush on him myself...ironic as it may seem. I would really like him to ask me out, but he already knows that I'm single. So that cancels his name off the list, much to my chagrin.

I just don't what to think about the whole thing. I've come up with a few candidates, and I don't know which one is the best or the worst.

Candidate #1 - One of my students. There are 5 guys that come regularly to my class. I suspect at least 3 of them are over 40, so that's a little weird. The other ones are most likely in their 30s. But they are all parents, because their kids have to be members of the school district. I am a little weirded out, especially because I would never date any of my students. Besides being unethical, it would just be strange.

Candidate #2 - Some other student in another class. That's a very stretching assumption, but it could happen. But I think it's probably not a good theory.

Candidate #3 - The random janitor that talked to me that one time. He might want to know whether or not I was single, but I pegged him at about 35 the first time I saw him (and I'm usually right), and I wasn't so interested.

Candidate #4 - It's really the cute guy that's my age, and he's just double checking. Problem is, the coordinator was telling me all about this when he was around, so it doesn't seem likely. It's my favorite theory, though. :)

Vote for your favorite, give me some feedback. Haha. My life all of a sudden got more exciting, but I'm not sure I like the way it's going. I'll keep you updated.

P.S. For all of you that follow my blog faithfully (Rachel), this is an unprecedented event. I actually posted 2 days in a row.

6 comments:

  1. Yay for shout-outs to me and I am very happy about your post. Of course, my favorite idea is the cute coworker. But you're right, that seems rather unlikely. But I still want to say him, just because it's too creepy to have people 35+ with kids hitting on eine beste Freundin von mir. Yeah. Okay. Back to Hausaufgaben mainly German studying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like number 4, but with my luck it would be one of the old students with kiddos. Good luck! Keep us posted... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah this blog post is hilarious. It's obviously the 4th guy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. pick the janitor :)
    but you already know it is the super cute guy . . . right?

    ReplyDelete
  5. http://www.bloggertipsandtricks.com/2009/08/how-to-change-email-address-for-blogger.html Tips and Tricks for Blogger. <3 Dad

    ReplyDelete
  6. The best kind of candidates are the ones with free cookies and balloons, pick #4. (I know this is a little late to post, but oh well.)

    ReplyDelete