Thursday, October 15, 2009

Each Life That Touches Ours For Good

Yes, it's the name of a hymn. One of my favorites, to be truthful. I know it's usually sung at funerals, but I think it is a beautiful song of gratitude for all friends, whether they're here with us now or they've passed on. Here's the lyrics of verses 2 and 4, which are my favorites:

What greater gift dost thou bestow,
What greater goodness can we know
Than Christlike friends, whose gentle ways
Strengthen our faith, enrich our days.

For worthy friends whose lives proclaim
Devotion to the Savior's name,
Who bless our days with peace and love,
We praise thy goodness, Lord above.

Now, I don't want this to turn into a thankamony or anything like that, but I realized how blessed I have been in the friend department. He has given me people who have lifted me up wherever I've been, and I'm really grateful for that. So I'm going to give a shout-out to the amazing people of my life.

AnnaLee. We've had our ups and downs, but we've weathered through them for 5+ years. That's a sign that we have and continue learning and growing so much with each other. You've been a wonderful shoulder to lay my head on and a sense of stability and reason in my life, and I hope that you feel the same way about me. You are a sister to me.

My Snow friends. You are amazing. I know that no matter where I am in life, I know that we can always get back together and laugh ourselves silly about the fun and stupid things we did. :) You are such an integral part of my life, that I could not be who and where I am right now without you.

My roomies. Britt! You are one of the most giving soul I've ever met, and I've come to admire you so much. You always make me smile. The fact that we were roomies for two straight years and didn't kill each other was amazingly cool, lol. Kristin, Val, and Cami...you are wonderful, kind, tolerant of me and my weirdness and I learned a lot from all of you. A girl couldn't have asked for better roomies than you guys. (or y'all, that was for you, Val)

 Amelia. You helped me a lot with the transition from Ephraim to Provo. We grew up together, and our families have always had fun together. We weren't close in high school, but you have shown me such good support and love.

The 13th Wardies. Where could you find such a great group of individuals who have the capacity to all be friends and have fun with each other? You have helped me have more fun than I could ever think to have in a lifetime, and make me feel special whenever I can actually come to activites because of your excitedness to see me. Special thanks to Amanda, Julianne, and Brookie. You bring sunshine and happiness in my life with your warm hugs and encouragement.

My work friends! I am so glad to have met you all: Naarah, Tyler, Collins, Andrew, Melanie, Brooke, Kim, Val, Dave, and Tristan!!! I always know that I have a team that rooting for me, and you do it all the time. You have let me unload my burdens, given me great advice, help me in the whole relationship arena, let me have fun and laugh, and kept me sane day by day, all the while when helping the billions of patrons we get to serve everyday. :) :) :)  Val, meeting a book nerd like you who loves the same things I do,  has been one of the greatest things I've done. We are kindred spirits and I think we will always be. Tristan, I haven't known you long but I think I will find a kindred spirit in you, too. :)

Rachel, meine Liebe. I could never forget about you. You would have thought that my German class would bring me such a dear friend? You have been such a good person for me, and I love you for it. You said that we're both sane and insane, and it's true. We may not have all of the the same interests, but we have loving souls that needed to meet and help each other. Thank you so much for letting me be an honorary roommate, always wanting to see and talk with me, and just being the loveable you. :)

 Finally, last but not least, is my family, both immediate and extended who I consider some of the best people I know. I am fortunate to be close with my siblings and my cousins, and my grandparents and aunts and uncles are always wanting to know what I'm up to, and are some of the first to offer support. My siblings- Cate, Adam, Hannah, Matt, Mike, and Emma: you guys will always be my best friends in life, and I know that I can always depend on you. We are an intense bunch, but we love with a ferocity that you couldn't find anywhere else and that's what binds us so strongly together. Mom and Dad- I could ask for any ones better than you. You are the backbone of my life, and help me accomplish the goals I set, encouraging me along the way. I love you.

Thank you all so much! I know there are so many more people that I didn't mention who have also given me so much in my life. I'm very blessed by your actions and words everyday of my life. I love you all!

5 comments:

  1. I hate how that song is always sung at funerals. Because it's so beautiful or wonderful. Or just never at the right time. I love it, and I have sung it with so many different awesome people (aka last Sunday my freshman year and every stinkin' fireside we did in England) and so it always reminds me of them. And now you. Well, not that it didn't remind me of you anyway, because well, I love you so very much, but I didn't have any specific reason to think about you. Now I do. Sarcastic Thank You, because next time I sing that song in sacrament meeting, I'll probably be missing you an awful lot and then will start to cry. And it'll be your fault. ;) But thanks for real, because I love love love you, meine Liebe! P.S. I didn't think this sounded like a Thank-timony.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you man. You are the apple of my friggin eye. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray for work friends! PS you should write a blog post about the hymn "God moves in a mysterious way."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah Sarah your the best coworker! When I think of you I think of "Friend Like Me" sung by RObin Williams or the group of devout girl friends in "Earl's Gotta Die" song you know the friends that will murder your husband when he's abusive.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH you are a sweetheart. :) Miss you.

    ReplyDelete